Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grant Rolled Over!

On Monday night, I gave Grant a bath. Afterwards, I put lotion on him and did a short massage. I turned him over on his belly to do his back. He was holding his head up and was leaning over to his right side. Then, all of the sudden he rolled over onto his back. It was more like he fell over, but that counts! This is the first time that he's rolled over. But, I think it scared him because he started crying right away. I tried to cheer him up by clapping and telling him good job, but he wasn't having it.

Tuesday was his first day that we took him over to the babysitter's house. During the last two weeks when I had to work, we had her daughter come over to our house, but now she is back in school. He is only at the sitter for just over two hours because Wes works second shift. The babysitter said that he was very good, so that made us happy. I was worried because he did not sleep good at all the night before. Poor Dad had to put up with his fussiness and then he was cranky for mom too. I think he had a stomach ache when he was fussing for me though because I could hear acid coming up to his mouth. Poor thing. Last night he slept a little better, but he still wakes up almost every two hours either to eat or have his nuk. He just turned 12 weeks, so maybe he is going through a growth spurt. I hope he starts sleeping longer at night soon because mom is getting exhausted.

No comments: