Grant started taking steps last week Wednesday, on February 18th. He had already been cruising along all the furniture and pulling himself up and walking along anything that he could. Most of the time, he was barely hanging on or just holding on with one hand. I stood him up in the middle of the room and at first he just stood there for a few seconds and then slowly crouched down to the ground. Then, when I stood him up again, he'd balance and then he took a few very quick steps toward me! :) He walked really fast until he fell into me. It was so cute. I kept doing it and then we showed daddy as soon as he got home. Now, just over a week later, he is taking steps to things not very far away instead of crawling or instead of trying to figure out a different way to get there where he would be able to hold on while walking. He is even taking steps from the couch out into the middle of the living room where there is nothing to hang onto. He is very brave. I will post pictures and try to post a video later.
No comments:
Post a Comment