Mom and Dad have been praying for this day to come. Grant has been really bad at sleeping at night. He would wake up anywhere from 2-10 times a night. Most of the time it was 4 or 5 times. Lately he had been waking up to eat twice a night. I think he was going through a growth spurt. Grant went to bed at 8:00 last night and he woke up at about 10:15 crying. Oh no, here we go again. We figured we were in for another LONG night. I went in and gave him his pacifier, turned on his vibrator and music and he soothed himself back to sleep. 10:45 he woke up again crying. Okay, there is definitely something wrong, so I got him up and changed his diaper. He continued to scream through the diaper change. His diaper was pretty wet, but that wasn't the entire problem because he was still crying afterwards. So, we went downstairs and made him a bottle. He usually will calm when he sees that the bottle is being made, but this time he continued to whine and cry. I sat down and turned on the TV and laid Grant on my lap. His mouth opened wide..."give me that bottle!" I didn't think he would be that hungry. He at before he went to bed. He downed 5 ounces and then burped. He was basically passed out after finshing the bottle, but I thought he might still be hungry so I prepared 2 more ounes. By the time I got that ready, he was really out and didn't want anything to do with it. He was back asleep and it was about 11:00. I finished watching my show that I DVR'd while Grant was passed out on my lap. Then, I put him to bed. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I stayed up watching TV until about 1 am. I went to bed dreading that he would probably wake me back up as soon as I fell asleep because that is how it usually goes.
At 6 am I woke up and could hear the baby cough coming from Grant's room. He does this little cough to get our attention when he is ready to get out of bed in the morning. He'll continue to play and cough periodically until we come and get him. I didn't want to get up right away, so I laid in bed for another five minutes while he entertained himself. While I laid in bed, I realized that I didn't have to get up again at all in the middle of the night. He slept for 7 hours straight!!!!!!!!! Yippie! I was so excited, I got out of bed and went to congratulate Grant. I told him how proud I was of him. I know he doesn't understand, but this made me so happy! Grant has only slept that long one other time and that was after the Brewer game a couple of months ago. I got all excited that time too, but it was just a fluke because he never came close to doing that again. I am praying that this time is not a fluke and there is hope for more sleep in mom and dad's future! I'll keep you posted.
Sara
State Basketball Tournament
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment