Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's a BOY!



Grant Charles arrived on May 27th. My water broke at 5:20 pm on Memorial Day. I had to call Wes to come home from work to go to the hospital. We went directly to the hospital and it showed that I was having contractions about 4 minutes apart, but I couldn't feel them. We walked the halls for about an hour trying to move things along, but nothing was happening, so they started pitosin (sp?). I was only dilated about a fingertip and the pitosin did not seem to do anything as nothing was happening. It took a VERY long time for me to dilate and thin. When it was finally time to push, luckily his head was right there, so I didn't have to push for long. It was a long almost 25 hours of labor, but he finally arrived at 6:08 pm on Tuesday. At least the majority of the labor was pain free...thanks to the epidural (a gift from God!). There was a moment where we thought Dad was going to pass out when the head was crowning and he had to have a seat, but he jumped up when the baby came out and announced "It's a boy" like a proud father!

No comments: